Projects / News in Riverfest
Rocky Reach Rapid Repair
In February of 2012 the City of Farmington and the River Reach Foundation worked together to repair the Rocky Reach Rapid. The purpose of the structure was to ensure irrigation flow to Willett’s ditch and create a hydraulic wave feature for kayakers and boaters. The original construction in 2000 was successful in creating the desired whitewater featured but over the years, the structure began to be partially undermined by scour. This deterioration increased the danger to the boating public. As a result of this three year project spearheaded by Rick Page River Reach Foundation member, the feature is once again recreation friendly.
Big thanks to:
- City of Farmington: PRCA
- Wildcat Environmental Services, LLC
- Riverbend Engineering of Pagosa Springs
- KW Enterprises LLC
- Adobe Contractors
- Consolidated Constructors
- Cornerstone Concrete Pumping
- Book through this link for your Riverfest Surprise Gift at check-in! This will not be available at any other site!
Eagle Scout Tree Planting-Feb 2012
50 cottonwood trees were transplanted from Farmington Lake to Berg Park as a project for the Eagle Scouts.